Pretend there's a photo of the two Shepherd's Bush stockings I finished here. And there would be, but I seem to have deleted the photos before I uploaded them to the computer. D'oh. I had a hard Christmas season, people.
My goals for 2009 were
- Make sure that I am always happy stitching on a project. That means if deadlines are stressing me out, I will change the goal. No more panicking! I think I did well with this.
- Finish-finish more projects for myself...I'm going to shoot for 12 pieces from the finishing pile finished by myself for myself. I started out gangbusters on this, but fizzled. Actually, when I counted (see below) I did better than I realized.
- Mermaid SAL with Michelle. This is for my mom's 65th birthday, and if she's lucky it will be done in April. If it's not, it'll be a helluva Christmas gift. Or a helluva 66th birthday present...Michelle, where did we go wrong?
- Flea Market Souvenir SAL with Linda and Rosa. (Someday I am going to Iceland. Really.) Hey, I finished! (link below)
- Put at least one Saturday a month into the French marquoir. I didn't touch this all year! Horrors.
- Make a dent in the WIP pile. (I know I say this every year.) I finished four from this list: Anna's Bird, Anna's Stocking, Brett's Stocking, and Monthly Mania November.
- Make tiny little changes to make myself healthier: take all my meds as directed; eat more whole grain; drink more water; exercise 30 minutes every day. On that last one, Geggie's going to keep me honest. When Geggie disappeared, Stella appeared. I've walked at least three days a week (more like seven) since she came into our lives. I've done pretty well with this.
- Find a new job. No comment.
- Blackbird Designs, Flea Market Souvenir
- Shepherd's Bush, Brett's Stocking*
- Heart in Hand, Monthly Mania, November
- Good Huswife, Anna's Bird*
- Shepherd's Bush, Anna's Stocking*
- Ink Circles, freebie June 2007*
- Ink Circles, freebie 2007*
- And again*
- EE&F, rose fob*
- Kathy Moenkhaus, Playful Patchwork*
- Fair and Square, this from Christiane Dahlbeck's Fadenspiel
- JBW, I love to Shop at the Silver Needle*
- Primitive Needlework, Halloween freebie*
- Patriotic Needlebook (from camp)
- Sheepish Designs, Peace freebie*
- Lizzie*Kate, Cinderella*
- Blackbird Souvenir de France
- Monsterbubbles, Don't
- Workbasket, Mermaids Singing*
- Mill Hill, martini*
- Hinzeit, Sisters* (I really need to get a shot of the framed piece.)
- Shepherd's Bush, 2009 scissor fob
- little mojo, Harry Potter boxes*
- "Eat Me" apron
Pieces I finish-finished:
- EE&F Plum Pudding
- Trilogy, Happy Bunny Bunny Day
- EE&F, pea scissors fob
- Mary Garry, freebie needlecase
- Heart in Hand, Woodland Noel
- Snowman ornament
- Trilogy, Spring is in the Air
- EE&F, Vous et Nul Autre
- Chessie and Me, Be Thee Mine
This list includes three framed pieces, but I did them myself, so I am counting them (I had originally specified "alternative" finishes). I was only three short of my goal. Not bad...
Maybe 2009 was a better year than I thought!
* These items were stitched and finished.