Sunday, October 02, 2016

Small SAL - Biscornu

It's nice to be missed! Thanks for all your comments. This week is a little less scheduled but there is a party coming up soon! And work to be done for that. This business of being old(er) is hard. ;)

For Heather's Small SAL, I chose Lizzie*Kate's Hoot, a limited edition biscornu and fob. And half a biscornu is better than none. I started this on the appointed day, and have spent the rest of the month--and more!--finishing it. Thus I decided each side of the biscornu could be a finish for this SAL.

So let's review this month.

  1. Waldorff, Homespun Sampler--finished page two
  2. Mary's Stocking, SB--closing in on a finish
  3. Wisteria Snowman, SB--she has a head!
  4. Our Souls, Midsummer Night Designs --a tiny bit of progress
  5. Christian's Stocking, SB--some good progress
  6. Cinnamon Stars, Plum Street--just a bit, but no photo
  7. Small #9--yes!
  8. Lovebird, JABC--no, see above
  9. I haven't decided yet what to put here. I may call audible on game day.--found Ladybug, Ladybug but didn't stitch on it
  10. Tis the Season, Blackbird--and also no.
In October I hope to stick to my Molly rotation with the same line-up, including Ladybug, Ladybug at Number 9. I also plan to have a fun and happy birthday in two weeks (give or take).

13 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Love your stitched piece and your philosophy of the 4 sides equaling 4 finishes! Stitching math! Yep, getting old(er) is hard but parties are fun!

Needle Nicely said...

And we are rapidly approaching our joint birthday--may your day be even more marvelous than your expectations! I always enjoy reading about your stitching and life experiences. May there be many more.

Melinda Forbes said...

This is a perfect small finish. Love seeing all of your rotation projects each month

Pamela said...

Cute biscornu piece!

Irene said...

Wow, I love your biscornu!!

Justine said...

Love your half a biscornu!

Robin in Virginia said...

I really like the little blackbirds in the corners of your finish. Sending along early birthday greetings; hope your day is spectacular!

Julie said...

Nice side for your biscornu

Bea said...

Love the little biscornu - and your math!

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous biscornu design, love the birdies.

jhm said...

I got to spend my birthday doing jury duty. Hope your goes much better!
JHM

Sun City Stitcher said...

Love the biscornu and agree on the finishing!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the biscornu. Are they blackbirds or very short fat crows?