Last year's goals were to
- Find a job. I think a job found me. I've decided to throw myself into the freelance work I've been doing for the past three years. If *WHEN* I can get enough clients, I can work part time and still make more money than I did in an office.
- Crazy January Challenge. See Below. 9/15 Not terrible! I never really thought I would finish all of them, but it was a fun thing to have done. Especially since I never feel like I am starting new things for myself...or finishing them.
- Work on the marquoir--finish one page (of the 22 remaining) each month.This started well but I stumbled. Maybe this will be my Olympic Stitching project for the London Olympics.
- Finish-finish one project a month.--Things were looking kind of bleak for a while, but I caught up and stayed on it. I finished 12 projects (leaving plenty in the finishing pile).
- Complete one quarter of my WIPs (see below)--or four. I'm down three even though I only finished two. I'm also very close on the Bent Creek stocking.
- Learn to crochet. I did it. I crocheted a lip for a fish. A fish lip. As you will...
- Become proficient in Photoshop. I did look into a class. I'll do it. And soon.
City Stitcher, Willow Trees SamplerCompleted August 25 Lizzie*Kate, Dog Lessons for PeopleCompleted August 17
- Little by Little Designs, Star Light Star Bright
- Mill Hill (Sticks), Love Me, Love My Dog
With Thy Needle and Thread, Hoppin' Along SamplerCompleted April 16 Hands to Work, Love, MeCompleted March Sisters and Best Friends, Winter PeaceCompleted March
- Sisters and Best Friends, Button Border Pumpkins
Shepherd's Bush, Blue SnowmanCompleted August 16
- Sheepish Designs, That Dern Parrot
- Raise the Roof Designs, Off the Deep End
- Just Nan, Owl Winder Pocket
JBW, French Country PumpkinCompleted September 2 Just Nan, Screamy MimiCompleted February 25 Cricket Collection, FrostCompleted October 7
- Moss Creek, Elizabethan Rose
Heart in Hand, Monthly ManiaCompleted January 16 Heartland House, Tree of Life WindowCompleted November 15
- Linda Jary, Majestic Rooster
- Nutmeg Needle, Treasured Tulips
- Liz Turner Diehl, 16th Century Knot Garden
- Bent Creek, Snowman Stocking
- Watercolor Geranium
- Theresa Layman, Mermaid
- Mirabilia, Emerald Mermaid
- Corinne and Gigi, Marquoir bleu et rouge
- Dimensions, Santa kit
- Dimple's Designs, St. Basil's Cathedral
- Heart's Content, Merry and Bright
Hardanger Napkin Rings
I finished 15 projects this year, which is about 10 off my usual. I'm not sure what I did instead of stitching.
Thank you for stopping by my little piece of the blogiverse, double thanks to those of you who leave comments and send emails. It's always such a pleasure to correspond with you. Let's do more of that in the new year too.
Happy New Year, everyone.
All best for a happy, healthy, stitchy 2012.