Monday, January 17, 2011

Unofficially Up for a Challenge

Well, that was easy. I have completed the Monthly Mania series at long last. (I know I stitched some of these when we lived in Los Angeles, and we moved in February 2005.)

Monthly Manias
Heart in Hand Needleart
28-count antique ivory linen
Called for flosses

The next WIP to take a turn out of the basket is Bent Creek's Snowman Stocking. I have done a little work on it since the last time I showed it to you (July 30, 2008). I don't know how much I will get done today. I am going to finish a couple of writing projects this afternoon. Tonight, the dude and I (and one friend and seven strangers) are going to Han Dynasty's now bi-monthly Szechuan banquet. I am so excited--mostly because we finally found a Szechuan place that will serve really spicy food to gringos. (One of the reasons we miss L.A., or should I say Monterey Park.) Not sure how much stitching time I'll have.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Anna,
I read your blog often and love your 15 new starts. I am also doing both challenges and just started a blog. Please take a look if you get a chance.

http://bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/

Linda

Faye said...

Oh...they are all so pretty~ Love BC and HiH~~~

Sherry :o) said...

love the bent creek snow man! So cute. Enjoy your awesome sounding dinner!

Kelly said...

Hope you enjoyed Han Dynasty. It's one of my favorite places to go - haven't tried the tasting dinner yet.

Kristen said...

Congrats on your finish!

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1.) What color blue was used for the September block? (I am a 'blue' person, and I'm always looking for more shades.)

2.) What count fabric are you using for the BC snowman? This chart had been on my wish list for a while, and your previous posts about it finally convinced me to buy the chart. I am not sure how big (or small) I want mine to be.

Thanks!

p.s. I'm working on setting up my blog. Really, I am.

kbmls3@yahoo.com

barbara said...

Congratulations on the finishes, and on that cute BC snowman. :D Enjoy the spicy buffet - sounds scrumptious!

Alice said...

Congrats on the finishes. I like Santa's new nose colour. Lucky you getting some good spicy Chinese. We found some acceptable stuff here... not as good as in Hong Kong though, go figure. About the strangers... surely someone must know them, or how did they get into your group for dinner?

Siobhán said...

Nice finish! I had my Monthly Manias done through July or so and then trashed it when I moved. I regret that soooo much! Nice progress on the snowman, too!

Oh, spicy food. YUMM. When we go out here, whether it's to the Indian, Thai or Chinese restaurants, I always tell them to add more spice and it is never enough.