Saturday, March 13, 2021

Wherein I Do Not Become a Murderer

Happy Saturday! I spent the morning stamping with some friends on Zoom. I made three cards, designed by my friend. (Only one was a fun fold but I didn't use it for my Craft Month challenge.) She sends our directions on Wednesday and lets us know what we are making and how to cut all our papers. Here's what I made:


I think my favorite is "You're the Greatest." I think I like color too much for the monochromatic dog card. Poor pooch. It's fun to see how the same layout gets interpreted by different people. 

After lunch, I went back into the craft room to make this circle pop out card from Connie Stewart at Simply Simple Stamping. I started by stamping my own "designer series paper" with pear pizzazz, calypso coral, soft suede, and soft blue. I think I see here the drawback to my approach. But it was fun to make the paper. Maybe I should just have put the bottom piece of paper on the other side up (that is, the big blue swirl up instead of down)? At any rate, I stamped off the large coral flowers so that they were a bit lighter than the small coral flowers. The base cardstock is calypso coral and the circle and nest die cut are both soft suede. I folded the wreath die cut (the same one from the gatefold card, March 7) in half to make the nest. Looks extra nest-y, doesn't it? 

The card partially open so you can see how it works.

Today is Maggie's 99th birthday. I called to wish her a happy birthday, but we mostly discussed how she could die. Mostly, she wanted me to do it*. She told me I was smart. I told her I was smart enough to know most people don't get away with murder. (Hey, I have watched a lot of criminal investigation television!) "I'll tell them I asked you to kill me." Not if you're dead, lady, not if you're dead. 

* I told my aunt this. Apparently this is something Maggie talks about a lot because my aunt has suggested drowning her in the shower, throwing her out of a window, and suffocation but Maggie has nixed them all. I think she lacks conviction. Which will save me from same.

Anyway, my brother-in-law and two of my friends from grad school are actually celebrating their birthdays, so let's wish them well!



5 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh Maggie is such a hoot. Watching Crime TV (in my case saturation in English crime novels) gives you street cred in your refusal to cooperate :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! Even if you don't want to celebrate. Maybe you could suggest some dangerous sports she could try? Go out in style!

Donna said...

Happy you are not going with the career change.

Robin in Virginia said...

Wishing Maggie a belated Happy Birthday! Fabulous looking cards you created, Nikki. I like the pretty floral paper you used on the You're the Greatest card.

Robin said...

Oh that Maggie. I enjoy your Maggie stories.