Friday, March 12, 2021

Spring Day


We've had some lovely weather and my first daffodils came up. I've been thinking spring! Today, I started with the color scheme certainly celery, pretty in pink, and pool party--very spring like combination. I then thought about the triangles from this triangle fold card by Jackie Bolhuis to stamp (in place of the DSP) and tried to imagine a spring scene. I really love the way the flowery parts look, and I would have used that blue splatter stamp on the kites but I thought it looked a bit like rain and only Ben Franklin flies a kite in the rain. I wish I could tell you that the cardstock I used was certainly celery and pretty in pink but I think they are just "close enough, let's use this!" The sentiment is from Above the Clouds (ret.)



2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely cards, Nikki! Enjoy your weekend.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A great pair of cards. You will never need to buy a card from a shop again after this month!