Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Holiday Greetings

I haven't completely recovered from Monday. The poop just shifted from hobbies to work. {Sigh.} Do you think this is because I literally dropped poo on my shoe when we were hiking with Frida on Sunday? Just a bad omen for the whole week? If so, can you send the counter spell or direct me toward a talisman?

I was in bed thinking about my cards last night, and I wondered what if the wreath was a Christmas wreath? 


I probably should have cut it out in green instead of brown, but I had the matching brown and not the matching green for this paper. I probably could have gotten away with any dark green whether it "matched" or not. Nevertheless... I used the fun fold that Lisa shared last Saturday--the left part of the card opens. I was a little disappointed that more of the red flowers on the designer series paper (Holly Berry, retired) didn't show up. The card stock used was chocolate chip, very vanilla, and real red. The ink is real red. I also popped some rhinestones on it. I had thought about stamping some pinecones on the sentiment oval but that seemed like cheating. If I did this for a Christmas card--and I just might--I would add pine cones. I also might get red rhinestones and put them on a green wreath. Live and learn.

It's Tuesday, so I called Maggie. The occupational therapist was working with her so picked up the phone. I told her to tell Maggie it was Nikole (she seems to recognize me better by my formal name, and I'm guessing it's hard to tell the difference between Nikki and Mikki (her daughter)). The OT brought her some gum, and Maggie was disappointed by how hard it was. "Get me some tea," she says to the OT who probably thought a "thank you" would suffice. On the other end of the line, I was trying to prompt her to say it. Finally, she says, "My granddaughter says to say thank you." Not quite what I was aiming for, but when did my grandmother turn into a...person who doesn't say thank you?

Thank you for stopping by today. And leaving a comment. I have to say about halfway into this endeavor I do start running out of steam until the end is in sight. Those comments just help push me along. Thank you.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I enjoy looking out for your cards each day so thanks for persisting. Not doing this type of craft myself I’m in awe of the professional look you achieve.
Maggie may not now say thank you much but my 90 year old Mother is the opposite, saying thank you multiple times for every simple action I do for her care. The elderly are not predictable are they!

Robin in Virginia said...

Another lovely card, Nikki! I am enjoying your card a day parade. So many ideas that I am filing away. That wreath is very useful.

Thank you for sharing a Maggie story.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm enjoying the daily cards and your thoughts on each one too.
Maggie clearly wasn't feeling in a grateful mood!

Kristen said...

The wreath is adorable!

Robin said...

I have enjoyed looking at your cards each day and all the different ways you create them. I for sure am going to bookmark your March 2021 post - if that is a thing I can do- so I can come back to it and use some of your ideas. Keep them coming!