Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Come Sail Away


Not going to lie, I'm a bit disappointed with the black ink on this one. It was really sticky and came out spotty so I had to fill in with a marker and bleurgh. I also think I could have aligned the sunset circle and the pink die cut a bit better. 

I used poppy parade, melon mambo, mango melody, daffodil delight, flirty flamingo, and summer sun with the splatter stamp in a circle template. I don't know what pink that cardstock is surrounding the boat silhouette. The ocean is coastal cabana and Bermuda bay ink with either blueberry bushel or pacific point cardstock waves. The DSP on the left hand side is from maritime (ret.). The card is similar to a joy fold in that the front opens left to right. Here are the directions from Connie Stewart.

This is one of those cards that I could perfect a bit more, but I like it in theory!

 

4 comments:

Margaret said...

I like this one a lot even though I’m not usually in to pink in any form:). Must be the idea of sailing away when currently I can go nowhere!
Looking forward to tomorrow’s card;)

Robin in Virginia said...

Not much of a pink person, but I do like the looks of your sailing off in the sunset card. I am assuming that you dab on each color on the splatter stamp. Do you use q-tips or something else?

Anna van Schurman said...

Hi Robin, I wanted to address your question here so everyone could benefit from the answer. I started with the lightest color and stamped in the circle template. I did several stamps with yellows, fewer with the oranges, still fewer with the pinks, and the fewest with the reds. So it's just overstamped, not carefully dabbed. If you click on the photo and get a larger size, I think you can see that some of the colors overlap. Good question, and I hope it saves you from painstaking stamping! Thanks!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do like all the names the colours have, so much better than DMC 742. Fun fact, one of the reasons I like working for Marine Insurance over Cargo or Aviation was my vessels all had cool names and not just numbers!