Thursday, March 04, 2021

Z-Fold Boat

 

Today I made a double Z-fold card. I used the boat sails and do you recognize yesterday's nest? Today it's the base of the boat! The sun is a swirly flower, and the waves? The kite string. I used Marine designer series paper and pulled my ink colors from that: real red, night of navy, and coastal cabana along with crushed curry. The card stock is real red and night of navy. (This also convinces me that yesterday's card base was indeed poppy parade card stock.)

Maggie has been moved to rehab. The facility also has long term care, and she will probably stay there forever. It's pretty good to live on your own until you are 98 and 356 days old! She did have people--her nephew, her neighbor, and my aunt--coming in to help, but she needs more help than they could give. I've thought she should have moved in to a care facility ages ago...she needed the company! She's in quarantine for two weeks, and once she passes through that, she will have that company. So, she's been there for less than a day, and the nursing staff are already telling my aunt, "she's a hoot." She may be rebounding already. Let's keep a good thought.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Great card and all the best to Maggie.

Robin in Virginia said...

Cool card! Thank you for sharing the update about Maggie.

Glenna said...

Favorite card so far! Yay about Maggie. Will she be the queen bee of the facility? My worst fear is that without family of any kind, I live to be 99.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well, that's good news anyway! I hope she enjoys her new and appreciative audience.

Anna van Schurman said...

Glenna, well, I have two grandmothers who have made it this far, and no children of my own. I HEAR YOU!

Robin said...

Another awesome card. It is nice to some cards that are more on the masculine side. Glad Maggie is coming along.