Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Hello There

 I would have called this one Happy Spring! if I had that sentiment. Apparently, I am not good at buying sentiment stamps because I spent ages looking for something I liked more to no avail. This is a pocket card, and you might be able to tell it does not stand up on its own. It doesn't stay shut either so it was impossible to photograph. Not my best work. This came out A LOT different in my head. I didn't have so much time because today has been a day. My grandmother of Maggie Mondays who is 10 days shy of her 99th birthday was admitted to the hospital. She's generally healthy but is blind and has lost mobility. When I call her each week she tells me that she is miserable and wants to die. She is not the same woman who drank chocolate martinis for dinner and said rude but funny things. 




Ingredients:
Some kind of red cardstock (maybe real red, maybe poppy parade?) and some kind of green (maybe mossy meadow?)
Swirly Bird Stamp set
Crushed curry, mossy meadow, poppy parade, coastal cabana, soft suede, gray granite inks
scallop punches


4 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Nice card. And beautiful spring colours.

Kelly said...

So sorry to hear Maggie is not doing well.

Stitcherpharmd said...

So sorry to hear about Maggie - sending hugs. Have loved the cards

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's a lovely card but I'm sorry to hear about Maggie. Tell her to hang on in there to get to her Birthday!