Friday, March 05, 2021

Bare Midriff Kite

Oh, I love how this one came out! I wanted to make a card with the kite stamp and the long and narrow stamp put me in mind of a "bare midriff card*" (Sharon Burkert's take on a midriff card). I knew I wanted to use the clouds designer series paper from Carried Away. The background of that paper is mint macaron so that helped me choose my ink and paper colors--mint macaron, highland heather, gorgeous grape, and basic gray. I wrapped the feature stamp with a baker's twine. It was ecru, so I used the mint macaron ink pad to "dye" it. The sentiment is from Honeycomb Happiness (retired).



*Note these directions have a math error in the measurements of the paper on the top part of the card (where the clouds are). It should be 1.5x4" rather than 1.75x4".

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nikki, I am really enjoying your card creativity. Love the colors in this one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a fab name for a card and a lovely design too.

jhm said...


I love this one. It really speaks to me. It's good to have you back blogging even if you aren't stitching. Great job on teh cards.