Sunday, March 21, 2021

Spring Kites

I hope your day was as beautiful as ours was. We took the dog to one of the Natural Lands Preserves nearby. The dude marveled at the mildness and said, "This is like 10% of our weather; it should be 70%." It is unfortunate that it will be oppressively hot and humid before we know it. But for now...

Today I made Lisa Curcio's Kite fold card. When I saw it, I thought I could incorporate the kite stamp but I wasn't sure where. But when she pulled out the DSP that went behind the kite, I had an aha moment! I stamped them randomly in mint macaron and so saffron (second generation). I'm not crazy how the so saffron came out. I swore I had the ink pad (or I wouldn't have chosen the polka dots for the kite!) so instead I had to use the markers. And they didn't come out even. Ah sweet variation!

When I was stamping, I somehow lost the kite string stamp. I'm not going to lie. This isn't the first stamp from this set I have lost. I lost the smallest swirly flower last week and it appeared yesterday. The set is photopolymer and that means 1) they are clear and 2) they stick to everything. So, no strings! (Also, after I finished this card the string appeared.)

This is what you see when you open the kite! Isn't that fun? Right now you can see the loose end of the kite string, but I'm ordering small self-adhesive magnets that will hold this part closed. Once I get them, they will cover the raw end of the ribbon. 

The whole card opens as well. I WILL be adding the string to this kite because it looks silly without it! Anyway, this is a real WOW card and it actually didn't take that long (and would have taken considerably less time if I hadn't lost the kite string and if I had so saffron ink.)

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Now this card certainly has WOW factor. I really like this one. Well done.

Robin in Virginia said...

So cool!

Kristen said...

I absolutely love this one!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great card, it would make a nice Bon Voyage card if we are ever allowed to travel again!