Saturday, March 20, 2021

Spring Daisies

I've been thinking about using the daisy from the swirly bird set with white ink on colored card stock. (Seriously, I put myself to sleep--that is, allow myself to relax enough to sleep--by thinking about making cards!) 

Today I was scrolling through some fun fold videos and I came across this one at Ruth's Stamping Corner. She had also used the ornate garden DSP (this one is current!). I wanted to use the flowers that would match best with the stamp set, so I chose different designs. I stamped the daisy in white and then heat embossed in white on bumblebee. The base is early espresso. The bellyband is bumblebee with whisper white stamped in early espresso with sentiments from a little lace and honeycomb happiness. I also die cut three daisies stamped in espresso on bumblebee paper. 

I'm sorry I didn't take a photo of this one open so you could get the sense of it but Ruth did if you hop over. The big daisy print is on the front of the card and the green strip is on the back of that piece (folded over). The bumblebee with white daisies is the back of the card folded over. So, it's a regular A2 folded card, with about 1.5" of the rightmost edges folded to the left, decorated. Does that make sense? The bellyband holds it closed. I love that it's called a bellyband. Cards don't have bellies! Silly!

Sorry to be blogging so late, and when I am so punchy. I have to finish The Memory Police by Tuesday for virtual book club and I had to read 91 pages today to be successful. Of course I left it all 'til late! This is me we're talking about.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely looking spring card with the daisies! Happy Sunday!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like this one, I think it's my favourite fold so far.