Saturday, March 06, 2021

Lemon-Lime Twist

First, I'd like to thank you all for your kind words and good thoughts about Maggie. She is enduring quarantine before she joins the regular population. She is in good hands. No new stories--you'll be among the first to know since you're her biggest fans!

Today's card is the barn door fun fold. The black striped part with the pink flowers is the "card front." I don't really know why it's called a barn door fun fold, especially since half doors are called Dutch doors around these parts. When I think of a barn door, I think of the ones that roll on tracks that were all the rage in home decorating for a hot minute.  But I digress. I stamped the biggest flower three times and do you recognize the leaves? It is the sail from Thursday's card! I stamped the background paper for the card interior with the spatter stamp and all three colors on white. It doesn't show up very well in this picture but it's fun. I wasn't sure I was every going to use that stamp but Pinterest convinced me otherwise!

The cardstocks I used were lemon-lime and white. The inks are granny apple green, black, and melon mambo. I used the black and white striped paper from the true love designer series paper pack. The sentiment is "curly cute" and the sentiment banner was punched with lovely labels pick a punch.

My goal for tomorrow is to finish off some cards I started in the blitz earlier this year. So my "desk" isn't so cluttered.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Cool card! I like how the sails from the other day are now the leaves for the flowers.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'd have said a farmhouse door, or even a stable door so the horse can stick his head over the top. And eat the flowers!
Glad to hear Maggie is keeping well.

Robin said...

Six days, six great cards. Love the whole but especially the leaves.....formerly seen as sails!