Monday, December 06, 2004

Stitching Bloggers QOTW: Injuries

What has been your most interesting stitching related injury? Surely we've all poked the needle through dry skin and sewn ourselves to things. But what else? you might ask.

The most interesting injury I suffered was that I broke my dominant hand index finger a week before I went to Spirit of Cross Stitch. (The breaking of the finger was a stupid accident that had nothing to do with sewing--shut it in the door of an SUV.) I was living at home at the time, and my mother thought that I should call and get a refund. I was simply not to be deterred. I learned to stitch with my finger in a splint--which isn't really hard when you are determined! I even beaded a box for my sil (which was subsequently lost stolen in the mail by the evil British mailpeople). I was simply not going to miss the festival: 1) I wanted to see my best friend and 2) I was brain-drained from grad school and I wanted some mindless work to make me feel better. The finger healed nicely, but I still haven't finished all the projects from Spirit that year...

No comments: