Friday, May 28, 2004

Another Deadline Passes?

I've only got three days to finish the afghan, which is my last goal for May. I haven't even taken it out of the bag in ages. Maybe I'll work on that tonight. Or maybe this will be another time I don't finish the afghan by the time I had hoped. I had sort of planned to do some sewing over the holiday weekend. We'll see.

I haven't had much of a chance to stitch since last weekend. My father-in-law and his girlfriend were visiting us, and we have had to do a lot of sight-seeing. I did get some stitching done on the hour long drive to San Juan Capistrano which the girlfriend kept calling "San Capistrano" even after she saw the signs. Because she's English, I would have accepted "Jew-in" (as in the pronounciation for Lord Byron's "Don Juan") but she skipped it all together. There certainly was a lot I couldn't explain about her. Now, friends from grad school are here for a visit while others are taking off in a few days or weeks (different people) for the summer and for good, respectively, so there are lots of people we need to visit with which takes away from my stitching time.

I got a bit further on the Rolly Poly Santa. I will have some new pictures up next week. Promise.

No comments: