Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I'm Baaa...ack/Stitcher's Five: Charts or Kits?

I had quite an enjoyable trip to Washington, despite catching the lurgy from my aunt and niece (and throwing up into a bag on the plane). I got to finish some ornaments, and I made a carrier for my ott-lite. amy!, our pattern was for a "box" according to Stitch Bitch momma: "fabric doesn't work that way." She was also against putting the zipper in around the top and made me put it in the side. (It can be done, but not at my sewing level.) We didn't really need to draw a pattern because what you need are four rectangles, two squares, and another rectangle for the handle.

I still haven't finished the damn afghan. I have to though because I have wedding presents and baby presents to finish--my one year is almost up and the baby's due on June 5.

1. Which do you prefer, Kits or Charts? Charts.
2. Why? Because eventually you reach the point where you have all the floss. Also, I prefer linen.
3. How do you organise your materials before you stitch? Stick it in a bag of some sort.
4. Do you do anything to the sides of your fabric before starting?
No. Most fabrics won’t unravel beyond ¼ of an inch. I can handle that.
5. What do you do with the leftovers when your done? Depends on where they came from. I usually dump the leftover floss from kits. I do seem to hoard the patterns, but I am rethinking that too.