Thursday, October 09, 2003

four flowers and a bud

I managed to complete the backstitching on the gladiolus leaves. And I took five stitches on the first flower. This means just four flowers and a bud left to stitch.

I also knitted up a swatch for fil's scarf, just to be sure I liked the colors and they were 'masculine' enough. The yarn has very rich autumn colors which should go with a camel coat beautifully.

Stash arrived at the door. The Sandy Cozzolino perforated santas and the beautiful shaker box that has a sampler lining to hold scissors. The box is perfect, and I am looking forward to stitching with the silks. I hope I can find time to squeeze it in because I'd like it to be finished before my trip to Tulsa. I really wanted to remember the designer, but apparently I can't hold things in my head on the half hour commute to work. The design is from Georgia. It's nice to know that you can't go to your LNS and find everything--otherwise what would be the use of travel?


No comments: