Friday, October 10, 2003

SoCal, NoCal and the rest of Cal.

I didn't get any stitching done last night as I was rushing about getting ready to head for Vegas, which I will do in about an hour. I need fun and relaxation because it's going to be a long 3 years.

I can read comments in a wicked old version of Netscape, but not in the fairly recent Explorer. I can't respond in Netscape, so I'll just write my responses here. I'm sure this happens to people in a lot of segments of California but Lynn thought I should like Arnie because he lives about 20 minutes from me. But there are liberals in SoCal, as amy! pointed out. Maybe it's because amy! and I were PhD students together, but we've met a few of them in our day. Santa Monica is usually referred to as the People's Republic of SM; it's Berkeley with nicer beaches. Los Angeles is emphatically not Orange County. And L.A. has Hollywood for goodness sake; we know how liberal they are. But in case you don't believe me, check it out:Recall Map; Los Angeles County is that little sea of red. The numbers weren't as high as Sanfran, but c'mon, Arnold lives down here. And we still voted against the recall. Hate to end on another downer. . .


No comments: