Monday, May 08, 2006

Sonambulent

I'm exhausted today. I don't know why, really. On Friday, we took my MIL to Winterthur. They make a big deal of pronouncing it Winter-ter. But if we're doing the Germanic thing, shouldn't it be Vinter-ter? I'm going to keep on saying Winter*th*ur until they explain themselves. Anyway, on the "Elegant Entertaining" tour of the house, the guide walked us into a room and asked what the first thing we noticed was. Someone said that the theme of the room was "Washington." Since the guide had been heavy on the themes of the rooms, I figured that was the right answer. But what I noticed were the mourning samplers. She did point those out, but how smart would I have looked if I actually said it first. Anyway, there is a whole conservation program there, and I was thinking maybe I have found what I want to do when I grow up: conserve and preserve textiles. Since, you know, I didn't really have any other plans for my future. The requirements would practically necessitate getting a whole new B.A. I'm not sure I can take 4 chemistry classes and work full time. And don't forget the last time I printed a black and white photograph was in 1989, and I probably couldn't pass a drawing class if my life depended on it. At least I have 8 units of art history! I should do some informational interviewing before I try to schedule organic chemistry.

On Saturday, we moved my sister to her new place. Um, note to self: avoid helping people move who have more than one staircase. Oh, I felt the burn.

On Sunday, the dude had to work on his library school paper so I took his mom to Wegman's for lunch. We bought some fancy stuff. Then it was on to Lowes for fertilizer and a spreader (boy howdy it was exciting). We got to Waterloo Gardens about an hour before they shut and picked out two tomato plants, some thyme, basil, rosemary, and oregano. Now I just have to find the sunny spot in the yard. It will just be a container garden on account of all the bunnies.

I did get some work in on Enchanted Alphabet. I'll try to remember to photograph it so I'm not talking in the abstract all the time.

No comments: