Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Parted Seas

Today was a better day! The stamping went smoothly, probably because I had the afternoon off and plenty of time to screw around at the craft table. This is a split front card. Today, I started from the designer series paper (maritime, retired). I used the colors from the paper for the stamping--coastal cabana, night of navy, real red). The card base is night of navy and the layering is with real red. I went back to the sailboat and used the kite strings again to make the ocean. It's a stormier day this time around. (LOL) 

I also talked to Maggie today, briefly. (She had to excuse herself to the bathroom, which is NOT the way she put it...unfortunately.) She sounded positively chipper! She kept saying crazy things that made sense to me but I could tell her physical therapist thought she was demented. 

PT: Your granddaughter Nikole is on the phone.

Maggie: Oh, is it Tuesday?

PT: Your granddaughter...on the phone!

Maggie: Yes, so it must be Tuesday.

I call every Tuesday, so she's not wrong. But you can imagine what the PT was thinking. Anyway, she wanted me to call back after she finished, but it's a crapshoot whether she answers. I think she can't find the phone. Give her time, she'll find her way around...or have people answering her phone on the first ring. 


3 comments:

Margaret said...

I like today’s card a lot and love the comment about Maggie. Pleased to hear she sounds bright.

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Nikki, thank you for sharing the Maggie story. The PT will learn the Maggie-isms. Your card looks great.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like this pair of cards.
Maggie' statement makes total sense to me. It's a great way to keep track of the days!