Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Double Summer Sails

Summery! Isn't it? I went back to the popular joy fold card for inspiration. Here I paired the swirly DSP (from birthday bash, ret.) with Bermuda bay paper dry embossed, and a backing card of mango mambo. It doesn't actually match with the colors in the paper, but close enough! The boat is back with crushed curry sails topped with pumpkin pie stripes. The keel is stamped in mossy meadow and both the waves, tiny flag, and sentiment (curly cute) are stamped in Bermuda bay. The focal strip of DSP is layered on mossy meadow cardstock.
I think you can see here how the card works. It's a double flap fun fold from Connie Stewart. I stamped the boat again on the inside for added interest. I like how the double sided paper works here.

 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Bright and cheerful on this dreary day!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great card. Quite a few nautical themes this month.