Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Bird Bath Shutter card

Longtime readers may recognize the tri fold shutter card; I made one for Craft Month in 2013. For a while, I was making these for everyone because they are pretty easy, and because they are impressive. For this card, I started with pear pizzazz cardstock. I added flirty flamingo dots and pear pizzazz stripes. There are four small blocks that I stamped with crushed curry, flirty flamingo, pear pizzazz, and pool party to bring all the colors together. Funny how I didn't think I was going to use this splatter stamp much.
That stamp really influenced this focal image! I was thinking that a bird in a bird bath splashes around and I was wondering if I could capture that. I think I may have overdone the blue just slightly, but I do think it looks like the bird is playing in the bath. I also used the splatter to make grass. The bird bath is the boat plus one of the the sails!

I stamped the bird and the bath and then masked it before stamping the splash and the grass.

The sentiment is from happy everything (ret).



4 comments:

Margaret said...

What a statement card this is! I’m well impressed.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Your card is amazing!

Robin in Virginia said...

What an incredible card! Love it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

And this is my new favourite card of the month!