Saturday, March 02, 2013

Crafty Day One


That title seems a little ironic. I mean, when am I not crafty? But I was up late last night, and my cleverness is still sleeping.

When we go to our Stampin Up rep's house for these stamping parties, we have all her stamps at our disposal--a double closet with shelves piled! with stamp sets. But it's kind of hard to plan a card when you don't know which 90 zillion stamps she has. So I decided to concentrate on cards where the fold was the thing. That way you can put any stamp on it, right?

I went with a trifold shutter card, starting with this tutorial. (If she confuddles you, email me. I've got the short version.) The results:

 This card uses a Halloween designer pack but I used it for my fashion-forward family because that plaid is so Burberry. (Shhhh, don't tell Burberry.) I decided to keep the stamps simple because the card is so busy.
 This frog went perfectly with the bubbles! The little squares you can't see have messages stamped on them "Sorry I frogot" and "Hoppy Birthday." I must have been punchy because "sorry I frogot" cracked me up. Over and over again. I left the middle blank for a message.
 This is the old man/old car card. I loved this (discontinued) designer paper series. So masculine and great colors. Lisa suggested this golfer stamp, but no one in the fam really golfs. (Just ask those clubs I bought the dude for a wedding present.) But let's face it, with that argyle, a golf theme would have been perfect!
Easter Bunny Butts! My sister found this card on pinterest and we replicated it. The best part was she and Lisa figured it out (and embossed the card) and the rest of us just punched and stamped. Easy-peasy.

I've got to get back into the craft room! What are you making for National Craft Month?

11 comments:

Heather said...

All of those cards are fabulous!

Paula said...

Your cards are terrific! I'm impressed.
The orchids...gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing those.
Paula

Melissa said...

The Easter Bunny butts crack me up!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great cards, my son would love the bunny bums too.

Linda said...

What great cards Nikki. Looks too complicated for my tired old brain. I think I'll just stick to x's.

Linda

Coral said...

Those tri-folds are really impressive!

I'm going to find out what the 'butterfly flowers' are. Let's see if I can get some ;-)!

Adrienne Martini said...

My love for the bunny cards is a mighty, mighty thing.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Darlings, one and all.

National Craft Month? I frogot...

Susan said...

Great cards and thanks for the link for the tri-fold. The bunny cards are too funny

Laura said...

Love your bunny butts! We started on the spool knitting yesterday. I promise to make her stop at some point, although Pinterest is filled with all sorts of interesting things to do with I-cord.

Anonymous said...

LOVE those tri-fold cards.