Wednesday, March 31, 2021

A Cardful of Flowers

We've come to the end of another Craft Month. Here's the Big Finish: a card in a box. I used a couple of tutorials--a British one for the concept and another one to convert to inches. 

I used "share what you love" (how apropos) DSP in the razzleberry stripes and the dots. I pulled the colors from the dots to make the flowers. I stamped with rich razzleberry and blackberry bliss (stamping off) as well as Versamark. The cardstock is tranquil tide, (maybe) grapefruit grove, so saffron, basic black, and pear pizzazz. I used the wavy die cut for the stems and used some of the cast off as long grass-like filler. The sentiment is stamped in rich razzleberry; it is from the Berry Blessings Stamp set. 
The amazing thing about this card is that it folds flat for mailing!

Another amazing thing about this card is that I ran out of snail adhesive yesterday so this is all glue and glue dots. And not any fancy glue, Elmer's gel! I had 234 feet of adhesive and I ran out! I guess I did a lot of crafting this month. 
 
Oh, and just one more thing!

I made some edits to the card I did on Thursday, March 28. I added in the plaid hearts as leaves and I think it breaks up the color. Definite improvement.

Thank you all so much for visiting over the past month. I've really appreciated your comments and just knowing you were out there.

Stay well, friends. I'll regroup and be back soon!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the heart additions to your Thank You card! What an incredible card you created and shared to wrap up craft month, Nikki! I really enjoyed this year's theme with your card making. It was so inspiring. Thank you!

Robin said...

I have really enjoyed looking at your creative cards each day. I had so hoped to create along with you as your ideas and links for how to’s were awesome. Bu alas, nice weather and the yard calling me and spending time with the grands I did not make a one. It was awesome to see your ideas. I know I will be popping back to check them out again and again. Now you need to take some time off from posting and relax.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a finale! This month has been a triumph. And I commented lots too.
Do you have a link for the tutorial? The British one is fine as I can Metric with the best of them!