Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Scraptastic September

Hello, friends. I have been away stitching (gasp!) and reading, but what's brought me back to the blog is an idea I formulated as I was sifting through my paper scraps. I have a giant collection of scraps in two 13x13 boxes--one for printed papers and another for colored card stock. When you take it out and throw it on the dirty floor it looks like this:

Not gonna lie, there's more!

What can I accomplish in a month with these scraps? I'm allowing newly-cut card bases--in colors or neutrals--but no other new cuts. Everything has to come from this pile. I can use any stamps, embellishments, layouts, or fun folds. I can cut the paper down, punch it, or die cut it.

I had hoped to do a couple of cards of each style, to show also how different the same design can look with different papers and stamps, but I have been up and down the cellar stairs tonight to protect myself against predicted tornados which materialized not far from here. So, one completed card and a second start.

The finished card uses strips of Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper in Mariner (retired) with the octopus from Sea Street. And when you open the card, surprise! Those strips are actually on the inside of the card! Isn't that clever? This design comes from Connie Stewart from Simply Simple Stamping. You can find directions at her YouTube channel at the link; it's the light blue card. I thought that was so neat. I mean, it doesn't look like much until you open it. 



Here's the second card I started. This one uses strips of Share What You Love DSP (ret.) on a kraft base (that I didn't have to cut!).


 Well, that's a start. Hoping the weather cooperates tomorrow so I can make a couple more cards to share!


2 comments:

Pamela said...

Great idea! I look forward to seeing what you do with these "scraps".

Robin in Virginia said...

Both look great and look forward to seeing the 2nd one fully finished. Hope the storms subside. Be safe!