Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Through the Years...

Christmas-in-July stitching continues apace, though my reporting on it does not. In addition to celebrating the dude's birthday last week, we also celebrated our 12th anniversary. The dude loved the stitched piece I made for him. I finished it so long ago (back in May), I almost forgot about it. We also hosted Sunday dinner this week, and that always eats up my time. (If I kept my house clean, it probably wouldn't but I don't and it does.)

But back to Christmas...This is SamSarah's "Shining Star" stitched on 30-ct Morris blue linen. I am stitching with the called for colors except I've replaced DMC camouflage variegated floss (overdyed?) with Sampler Threads forest glade. I went to two stores and couldn't find the camouflage so I went to my collection. Forest glade was a good color match. It's not as variegated as the camouflage but the colors toned nicely with what I was already using. I do have more stitching to show and if I can get some work-type projects out the door, I may even get back here soon to show it!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Love the piece your working on Nikki.

Linda

Chris said...

Pretty Christmas stitching.
Happy Anniversary!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice start!