Stella also kept waking up at 3:30 am--stress and sleeplessness cocktail, charming. Since I was in a house full of people, I had to take her outside. I could have slept all day and not made up for the awakening. Finally, two days before the vacation ended, we decided to let her sleep in her bed rather than in the crate. She slept until 5:30 the first day and 6:00 the next. I never thought being rudely awoken at six am would seem like such a relief! (We decided we were on to something, and Stella is sleeping in our room on her own bed. Today, 6:30--and I woke her up!)
After the day of rain (and I do mean 24 hours) the weather turned autumnal, so there were no more beach days, though we did take Miss Stella for a walk on the beach, leashed. And perhaps if I were a smarter one, we would have taken a few leashed walks on the beach before we went off leash. Next time I bet we'll all enjoy ourselves more.
And for a review of the month in stitching
- finish Anna's stocking--nearly, just need a few strands to finish the personalization
- finish Brett's stocking--YES!
- finally sew AB stash and dash bags--um, no
- stitch Hinzeit Sisters for sissy--yes, this is what I did on my summer vacation (see below)
- make a dozen bookmarks for the dude--didn't get any made, but I did find some good patterns and ideas
- finish finish one project for me--nope
For this month, I plan to:
- finish mom's mermaid
- finish Granny's martini
- sew a purse for my aunt
- sew those AB stash and dash bags
- sew two messenger bags
- stitch a small piece for each of my Harry Potter crazed nephews (2)