- How do you hold your fabric? In my left hand.
- Floss licker? I have licked some floss in my day.
- How do you thread your needle? I wrap the floss around my left index finger, lay the needle over it (parallel not perpendicular), and push the needle down and back. The thread just magically jumps through the eye.
- What needle do you like best? Petite needles, not plated. (Platinum or gold react with my skin.)
- Are you a needle loser? No, I’m a needle winner. Sorry, I couldn't help it. I drop needles regularly, and I have picked a number of needles back up off the floor (even on the El).
- What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? linen.
- Bobbins or floss bags? Bobbins for DMC, everything else is in a big tangle in Ziploc storage bags.
- Are you a scissors collector? Nope. Now these, I lose.
- Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? I have done my own framing, and I lace.
- Are you a floss floozy? Yes. Floss is as cheap as I am.
- Silk? Love it.
- Railroader? Sometimes, but only on the top leg.
- Are you a pattern or designer snob? No.
- Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? No.
- Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? About ten years ago, bestpal and I were at Celebration of Needlework in NH and staying with my folks. I was showing my dad what I had purchased. He asked, “when are you going to do those?” I replied that if I retired right then and did nothing but stitch for the rest of my life, I wasn’t finishing all my projects. That was ten years ago. You’ve been with me during the last four. It hasn’t gotten better.
- Do you wash your projects? Some of them.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Habits of the Modern Stitcher
I have made two new starts. One for me and one for my aunt. I don't have much to show yet. But here's a little meme about stitching habits that I found on Kendra's blog.