Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Goalus Augustus

My goals for July were modest:
  • Work on the marquoir I did work on it, but not as much as I would have liked.
  • Finish the anniversary present (here)
  • Finish the birth sampler (left)
  • Work on the 60th birthday present (below)
  • I also worked on two birthday presents that will soon be winging their way to their respective recipients.


So I'm making my goals for August ambitious:

  • Work for five hours on Anna’s Bird
  • Work for five hours on Tree of Life Window
  • Work for five hours on Watercolor Geraniums
  • Work for five hours on Apple Sampler
  • Work for five hours on Tall Flowers Sampler
  • Work for five hours on Promise of Summers to Come
  • Work for 10 hours on the marquoir
  • Work for two hours on Elizabethan Rose
  • Work for two hours on Majestic Rooster
  • Start Liz Turner Diehl, 18th Century Knot Garden
  • Start either Christmas Carols or Snowman Stocking, Bent Creek
  • Start either Jillian’s or Elisabeth’s stocking, Shepherd’s Bush










I will be up in Maine for a vacation. Just me and the parents, so I should get loads stitched; the dude is going to England for his friend's 40th birthday party. (How come I'm taking the cheap vacation?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait. Does that birth sampler say March, 2007?! You're putting me to shame...

Enjoy Maine. I hope the Dude enjoys England.

Unknown said...

Don't knock Maine. They have great lobsters. I took my husband there for his birthday in 2004. We stayed in a B&B in Kennebunkport and ate a The Clam Shack a dozen times. And you don't have to go through TSA screening (unless you are flying to Maine) and be packed on a crowded plane for hours and hours.

mainely stitching said...

Oh Maine! I miss it so! I've been terribly homesick this summer. I swear, the next time we get there, Niek will have to knock me unconscious to get me back on a plane to Europe!

Donna said...

It doesn't have to be a cheap vacation. One trip to Yankee Cross Stitch could change all that...

Michelle said...

Good luck on your August Goals! I love how the birth sampler came out - and the lobster is wonderful!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Hope you have a great holiday, the birth sampler and lobster both look wonderful.