Friday, September 08, 2006

Did I Miss Something?

It seems to me that if you are going to stop publishing your magazine, pull down your website, and fold up, you ought to tell the members of your group. Don't you think, Debbie Novak Crain?

Or is this a case that I'm the last to get the news on that?

When I'm being mean, and really, when am I not being mean? When I'm being mean, I like to think this mysterious George person made off with the cash. It's a tragic, embarrassing story that can be told about thousands, no hundreds of thousands, of women who put all their eggs in that basket.

Probably the reality is that like many small businesses it just failed. But how interesting is that? The other story has the word abscond in it. It's so much more dramatic!

Still, someone should have sent us a memo.

3 comments:

Glenna said...

I think we need to design a sampler with the word "abscond" featured prominently (perhaps with a border of palm trees for the South American country one absconds to). In curlicued writing. As for Forrester, what I can't figure out is why you didn't stitch a picture of Paul Bunyan instead of that stork. ;)

Anonymous said...

this sounds pretty interesting, but I guess I *really* missed something, since I don't know what you are writing about . . will you spil the juicy details (like what magazine you are talking about)?

Anna van Schurman said...

Fine Lines. Subscription comes with membership to the Historic Needlework Guild (that's how they charge you $45 a year without you noticing). It's always been a little touch-and-go with the magazine deadlines, but all of a sudden, it just stopped. The latest change that disrupted the schedule was that she got married. I just riffed off that.