Wednesday, June 21, 2006

SBQ: I Don't Know How You Can Do Such Fine Work


Have you ever used a magnifying glass while stitching? If so, did you find it helpful? The very first time I used a magnifier was in a silk gauze class. I didn't think much of silk gauze or the magnifier. I found it difficult to find the "right" spot--being able to get the fabric magnified but not getting a distorted picture. So I resolved not to do silk gauze so that I wouldn't have to buy a magnifier.

One day I found a Dazor magnifier for $20. So I bought it. I've used it occasionally, especially for stitching over one on 40 count at night. I needed it for two samplers that I can think of, a wedding sampler that I did for my SIL and my cousin (pictured). (I went all out for my SIL and did just the middle portion for my cousin.) That was a big help.

I think I might have used it a little for Miss Mary Mack. So there you go. I almost always definitely use it when I stitch over one on 40 count fabric.

1 comment:

Lelia said...

good SBQ answer. Magnifiers are excellent for high-count linens & silk gauze.

Did you see Miss mary mack on Chelle's blog? It looks really charming.

Enjoy the week-end