Wednesday, March 15, 2006

SBQ: Mission Organization

Do you have an organizational system for your patterns? If so, how do you organize them? If not, have you considered organizing them? It's not so much an organizational system as it is... Okay, I'm just not organized in my life. When I was planning events, I had to be so organized. So I let a lot of things go in my real life. Now I have no discipline in the real life or my job! (That's not entirely true.) I have some leaflets in a three ring binder hooked through those plastic doohickeys (pictured). I have chartpacks in plastic tubs. Although all my stuff is in the "craft room," I have no storage furniture, so it's all just stacked in boxes. I don't foresee getting to this room for some time, unfortunately... I don't really see the point of making a database for patterns; I don't buy duplicates. I tend to not buy something I think I may already own rather than getting extras*. On the rare occasions that I do duplicate a purchase, I have stitching friends who benefit from my largesse.

* The exception that proves the rule is the Mill Hill Santas by Sandra Cozzolino. Always buy those, sometimes more than once.

No comments: