Thursday, November 17, 2005

SBQ: Mistakes were Made

How do you feel about staying totally true to a pattern? Do you feel that you have to rip out stitches to fix a mistake or do you feel it’s acceptable to incorporate a mistake into the design? As far as I'm concerned the pattern serves me, I don't serve the pattern. So I stitch the colors I like (see below) and the way I like. If a mistake can't be adapted to the new pattern, I may unstitch, but I'm more likely to unstitch if I don't like how a stitch looks than I've put it in the "wrong" place.

The majority of the time, a person would have to stand next to your piece with your pattern to see where the "mistakes" are. And if you've got those kind of friends, girlfriend, you need help.


Last night, my hourlong train ride took--should I count from when the train left or when the train was supposed to leave?--2 hours and 15 minutes and the train was an hour late to arrive. So, I got on the "8:30" train and arrived at 11:47 pm. It was a pita, but I got a lot of stitching done. Since I had finished A-Z, I hurriedly grabbed whatever was on top of the pile so I'd have something to stitch (good thing!). It turned out to be Pins and Needles. I almost finished the scissor rest last night. I did finish it this morning, and I started the needlebook. (This morning, my train was only an hour late into the city.) A few more days like this, and I'll be able to cross Pins and Needles off the UFO list! (I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but Mercury is in retrograde for three weeks. I fear.)

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

Your train trials would drive me insane. I used to rely on public transportation, but had to switch to a car on account of the kids - school/daycare won't stay open extra hours because of a train delay! Glad you're able to get some quality stitching in at least.