Thursday, September 15, 2005

SBQ: Breaking Up is Hard to Do


I thought I'd give you a break from my EGA bashing. But I have more. Oh, boy do I have more. Renee asked us:
Do you stitch for events like weddings, engagements, or other things that might not last? If you have been unlucky and the two people broke up, what happened to your stitched gift?
I have stitched thirteen wedding samplers--it's sort of "my" gift. Only two people have broken up. It helps to be Catholic. One of the break-ups, I know, still has the original sampler--and of course, the new one! (This time, I know it's going to take!) The other one was for a stitching friend. Three of us from the stitching group worked on it together. One would think that she kept it, since she knew how much effort we put into it. But her husband was a real ass, so maybe she had to let it go...

If you're not sure the couple will make it, you can stitch the one pictured here from Kandace Thomas. I've done it five times now. Takes about a week, looks great. Of course, that verse is from the Book of Common Prayer, so they would need to have no objections to that sort of thing. Or you can just wait until they've been married for ten years and do an anniversary present. (Sorry I don't have a photo of the completed piece...)

Speaking of anniversaries, my parents' 40th is coming up. (Oh my god, I'm almost 40.) I think they've been together long enough that I should stitch something for them! I look forward to your suggestions for something appropriate. It can't be too frou-frou (no Stoney Creek), and it can't be too small (my mother has started complaining that the projects I do are getting smaller). Let's see some comments!

Oh, and I knew I wrote something about last week's SBQ--changing your stitching for round robins. I found it; back in January.

No comments: