Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Making Presents

I finished the present for the wedding I attended last October. I have ordered the box that I'm putting it in from Sudberry House. I hope it will be here with enough time for me to fix it up and hand it off before October 25 when the time for proper gift giving expires. (I say proper because Emily Post says you have to give gifts before the first anniversary. I, for one, would accept presents well after the actual wedding date. So long as the present is given before the divorce, I figure that counts. After all, I might want to wait more than a year just to be sure that it takes.)

I worked a bit on my sister's poncho. Now that amy! explained the pattern to me, I'm tooling away on it. It's made from a fine alpaca yarn. It's very pretty and feels like something you want to wear on your bare skin. I may not be able to give it to her. She's just lucky that it's likely to look better on her than it will on me.

That's where I'm at. (Don't you hate that cell phone ad, "Where you at?" Does that only grate on those of us who learned you don't use a preposition at the end of a sentence or what?) I may need a search through the electronic resources to get some new things to talk about. I had a pretty good patch there for a while in September. Now I'm even boring myself.

No comments: