Thursday, March 18, 2004

Stitcher's Five: Fabric

Will I ever do these on the day they are released?
1. What is your favourite fabric to use? (e.g. aida, evenweave, linen etc)
linen
2. What is your favourite count (e.g. 14, 28, 32 etc)
32
3. Do you collect fabric "just to have" or do you buy it with a design in mind?
I have a big fabric stash, but I think I acquired much of it thinking I was going to do something with it. I also buy it when it's on sale. But it's not so much a collection as I have very good intentions.
4. What is your favourite colour for fabric?
natural, but I love the hand-dyeds too, like the meadowlark from Birds of a Feather that I am using now.
5. If you were heading for a desert island, and you only had one choice of fabric to take with you, what would you take?
Natural linen 32 count! And a bottle of bleach and a dye pot so that I could scavange around the island for plants and things with which to dye the fabric.