Monday, September 08, 2003

Just Christmas Ornament Issue, 1999

Another seventy-five ornaments. None were recycled. I've only done two from this issue: Mosey 'n Me's "Santa's Little Goodie Bag" and Imaginating's "Snow Fun." Since I stitched the former upside down, it's not going to be a goodie bag. Santa can make his own damned goodie bag. I gave "Snow Fun," unfinished, to my framer because she had gone above and beyond the call of duty for me, framing a small piece in less than a week and not charging me for it at all. I should probably stitch her small ornaments with cats in them for the rest of our lives.

There are 28 more that I want to do. I don't know how I managed to stitch so many more in the 1998 edition than in this one. I guess most of the ornaments that I have stitched out of these magazines were done while I was on jury duty in 1999 and 2001. I must have never taken this issue. That was quality stitching time! I packed up little kits to take with me, and I complete about a dozen ornaments in those 20 days (two sessions of ten each). Finished just two--for my neices.

This is the only edition that has an ornament by Drawn Thread. It's a beauty--a sampler bell pull.

No weirdos in this issue, but there are "Cherished Teddies" and "Kidlinks" ornaments. Oh, the humanity!

No comments: