Monday, November 19, 2012

Rhamnousia

A few loyal readers and commenters have requested a nemesis story. I've simply been forgetting what happens. Once I thought "Oh, I should write that down." And then before the end of the two hours, I had forgotten what it was. I'm useless like that.

The nemesis has been having problems, and she was away one week. When I arrived the two seats at the top of the table (where she usually sits) were empty. I took one, because I knew if she were coming, she'd already be there. One of the really good knitters came in next (she knits a lot of fabulous lace and with yummy yarns). She looked around for a seat; the only one left was the nemesis's chair. "Sit here," I said, "And then you can be the queen bee." That's what she said. I totally did not mean to say that out loud. Everyone cracked up. Someone was laughing so hard she couldn't answer when another woman asked what I had said. So I had to repeat it. And there was much repetition of the "Queen Bee" theme over the course of the day. I guess I'm not the only one...

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love a nemesis story!

A problem shared is a problem laughed about.