Friday, February 03, 2006

Must Resist Temptation


I received a few books from amazon this week.
Maureen Corrigan's Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading. Maureen was my writing instructor when I was in college. I always wondered about her private life. Now I can read about it! Plus anyone who describes herself as having "her nose in a book" most of her life is simpatico, you know? Plus, it's also about books (see below). JK Rowling's Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.Yes, I'm the last person on earth to read this, you know of the people who usually read her books. Nancy Pearl's More Book Lust. When I got the first one, I read it cover to cover. Really! I love to read lists. And books of lists about books, fuhgedaboudit. I'm really looking forward to finding what treasures await.

These books have been added to the pile already on the nightstand. Leila Hadley's Give Me the World. In the 1950s, this single mother took her six year old son on her adventure around the world. Adventure! Laurel Thatcher Ulrich's The Age of Homespun. I mentioned I'd give a complete review when I finished it, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to start this one over if I don't get back to it soon.


What I need is a huge snowstorm to shut everything down for about a week. That would give me plenty of time to curl up and read my books--and some of the ones the dude got for Christmas too! (I'm looking at you Italian Boy.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are the last to read HP:HBP then I was second-to-last as I just finished it a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy!

Litla Skvís said...

I will be the last to read the HP book as I am currently reading HP and the Order Of The Phoenix. I love HP though, I can read these books over and over again!

Anonymous said...

Between reading and stitching ... I try to get the housework done : )

Honestly, I read about 50 books a year. Usually - Fiction.