Thursday, February 02, 2006

SBQ: Friends, How Many of Us Have Them?

With the exception of your online stitching friends, do you have any other stitching buddies? Well, my best pal got me into stitching. She used to stitch in college. When I graduated, I decided to make her a wedding sampler. So even though she didn't teach me, she lured me in. We used to attend SOXS in various areas together, now we go to camp in Tulsa. And I have camp stitching buddies who I see once a year.

When I was in grad school I had two stitching buddies; we would go to CATS up in Sacramento together, and gtg pretty regularly. One of them didn't stitch until we converted her. Her second project was TW's Castle, so she got into it pretty quickly. During the summer, more people would join us, knitters and crocheters mostly. But it's all needles and string.

I am trying to gtg irl with some of the local bloggers: Mia, Dianne, Jenna, and maybe Mindy and Lee. Will they count as online friends or other once we make a plan?

3 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Is that Silver Needle camp? I haven't tried that one did Stitchworks camp for several years also in Tulsa now I go to OKC retreat twice a year, but those maybe ending. Sounds like you are lucky to have friends all over. CJ

Monsoon said...

I have the same question as CJ. I went to the Stitchworks camp back in the Fall of 2000, when I was living in Tulsa. I miss Cindy and the Stitchworks (the only thing I miss about Tulsa lol.)

Anna van Schurman said...

Yup, Silver Needle. I shopped at Stitchworks the first year I went to Tulsa, but my friend and I thought the atmosphere was friendlier at SN. But that's a qualified friendlier.