Thursday, May 07, 2020

#bewellandstitch


My latest finish is Four Fat Friends by Drawn Thread. Stitched on ...you know...fabric with the called for WDW threads. Another one I optimistically started in 2015 for Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge.

I'm searching for a new project. I am definitely looking at the #bewellandstitch projects so I can have a little memorial of this time. Not that I think many of us are likely to forget it any time soon. But still.

I first became aware of the #bewellandstitch designs scrolling through Instagram, where Jody Rice of Satsuma Street offered her Stay Home chart. Then I started to see finishes, especially Needle Work Press's Stitch and Be Well. As I explored, I noticed that our dear Serendipitous Jo compiled quite a list. (You can also find them on her themed freebies page.) I noticed that she was missing a few of the ones I found. At first I was going to send them along to add to her list, but then I realized I have a blog! And the list was getting kinda long.

Be Calm - Be Safe, Homespun Elegance (Facebook)
Bee Well, Autumn Lane (Facebook)
Bee Well Teresa Kogut (PDF)
Be Well from Lila's Studio
Be Well and Stitch, Hello from Liz Matthews (PDF)
Ewe Be Well from Shepherd's Bush (PDF)
Homeschool Sampler from Posey Gets Cozy, Alicia Paulson (PDF)
Our Daily Thread, Stone Street Stitchworks (PDF)
Stitch Well and Be Calm, JBW Designs
Stitch and Be Well, Needlework Press

Though not part of the #bewellandstitch crowd--just because I want to hang out with her, doesn't mean everyone does--Julie Jackson has a free chart:
Subversive Stitching, Stay the F*ck Home (She also has kits for sale for Don't Touch Your Damn FaceWash Your F*cking Hands, and Isolation Update.)

It's been a while since I asked, so let's focus again:
* What am I grateful for today?
* Who am I checking in on or connecting with today?
* What expectations of normal am I letting go of today?
* How am I getting outside today?
* How am I moving my body today?
* What beauty am I creating or cultivating or inviting in today?

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Four Fat Robins finish looks good. I hadn't seen Jo's list, so thank you for sharing the link. There are many lovely offerings out there. I have stitched several already. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Nikki!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Four Fat Friends looks great. I do like Drawn Thread.

Thanks for the extra ones! I'll add them when I get on my laptop tomorrow.
I did a long walk with my son today to look at and photograph the VE Day celebrations, so we achieved all six of your questions! Plus an additional one "have you done any educating today?"

Julie said...

Sweet finish.
Designers have been so generous to us stitchers with all these designs.
I'm ok, day 57 since I was locked in home shielding. I'm enjoying the slower pace and peace and quiet. Missing friends and family, but technology helps with that. Grocery supplies delivered weekly so we eat well. Plenty of books to read and stash supplies to craft with. Just need to stop chatting on the phone and have more hours in the day!!
take care x

Astrids dragon said...

What a sweet stitch.
There have been so many lovely free designs, it's hard to choose which ones to stitch! Thanks for sharing.