Friday, July 14, 2017

Getting There...

Obviously a really old photo of this.
There really are only 40 or so stitches left!
Well, that didn't last long. Just after I posted, I wrote a blog schedule for July and created a list of ideas to blog about. I was going to take the last 40 or so stitches on Wabbit's Wonder and blog a finish! But my right index finger was sore on Monday. The first joint was achy and if I pressed on the side, it was painful. On Tuesday, I woke up with a swollen finger. After the nearby urgent care wanted $105 to look at my finger, I decided to wait the four hours until my doctor's walk in hours. Four hours and $25 later...I have an infection. Don't push back your cuticles! It was horribly painful on Tuesday, but by Thursday I was cured (though still on antibiotics). Phew. But I still didn't take those last stitches!

Today, Bastille Day, is our anniversary, me and the dude. I don't have an anniversary stitch for him. {Sigh} It's not the first one I didn't finish (see Our Souls) but it is the first one I haven't even started.

I need to get my shit together people!

They say if you can imagine it, you can achieve it. Let's all imagine me back on track!


7 comments:

Karyn said...

I am sending thoughts your way, Anna, for both your poor finger (ouch) and your shit lol. I had been in a slump too but have slowly gotten out of it, seems a lot of blogging gals have been in one.
I love the fabric color on Wabbits Wonder, it is gorgeous, especially against that floss. I can't wait to see its finish.
Happy Anniversary and Happy Bastille Day!

Stitchinowl said...

Happy Anniversary to you and hubby dude! Sorry to hear about her infected finger. At least, your doctor has walk-in hours! Feel better.
Carolyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Sending anniversary wishes to you and the Dude! I hope you have an enjoyable day. Sorry to hear about your infection and your finger; I hope it continues to fully heal soon. I look forward seeing seeing Wabbits Wonder finished shortly. Take care!

Sheryl said...

Happy anniversary Anna, hope you have a great day, awful about the infection, I´m sure you will be stitching away again soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Ouch for the infection! Hope it recovers soon along with your stitching bug or mojo or whatever you call it!

Linda said...

Glad your finger is on the mend Nikki. Happy Anniversary.

Linda

Beth said...

You can do it! I am finally back on track stitching after futzing around doing next to nothing for most of seven months.