Monday, November 09, 2015

Cookbook Club, Occasional Report

Tonight was Cookbook Club at the library. We did Martha Stewart's One Pot Meals. When I signed up for my recipe, I saw we were lacking desserts, so chose "Blender Chocolate Mousse." So easy! Only four ingredients--chocolate chips, sugar, milk, and egg whites.

I do contend that since you heat the milk in the pot and whiz everything in a blender before you put it in a container to chill, it's not exactly a one pot dish. But since it will take more time to wash the dishes than to whip up this mousse--which won a round of applause--it's worth making.

Many of the recipes were delicious--the mac and cheese, the chicken and mushrooms, the pot roast with sweet potatoes, the stuffed tomatoes--so the book looks like a keeper.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Gotta love choccie mousse.... I love choccie anything :-)

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounded like a good evening with an interesting combination of foods.

Bea said...

Sounds like some good food. And I'm definitely in favour of anything with chocolate in it!

Unknown said...

Sounds like my kind of cookbook.