Thursday, September 19, 2013

Not According to Plan

Perhaps you are a little bit like me. You sit down to work on a project. "I only have five more colors to stitch on this piece," you think, "I will be done in no time!" And you stitch a little on the white because that is the color with the most stitching, but then you switch to the light green, (because white is boring) and that color takes you longer than you thought. Then you stitch a bit on the pink and that color takes you longer than you thought...and then three days have gone by and you haven't finished as you had imagined.

But it's getting there. I realized when I was stitching the pink snowflake on the left that I was going to have to decide what to do about the right hand side. The SB ladies have charted words, but I hate back stitched words. And I didn't stitch them on Blue. (And for reference: Red.)

On to my September ornament. And if I finish early, I'll see what I can do about finishing this guy.

13 comments:

diamondc said...

O.K. Nikki: Ilove these little sowpeople and have them in my stash, I should get them out and get to stitching, I hate words on my stitching unless it is really needed, love this snowman he is adorable.
I do know what you mean about just a little stitching, sometimes it turns into weeks for me.
Catherine

Katya said...

Yes, I am just like you when it comes to stitching. Nothing is ever according to plan there. Good luck, it looks very promising!

Linda said...

Love your snowman Nikki. I agree, it always seems to take longer than you think.

Linda

valerie said...

Great progress Nikki! I like these snowpeople. But I know what you mean. It doesn't look like it will take long but it always does!

Margaret said...

Looks great! I agree -- it always takes longer than you think it will. Sigh.

Susan said...

Happens to me all the time as well!

Brigitte said...

Lol. The plan and reality are often two different things when it comes to stitching. I've been there too. But he's a lovely little snowman even if he resists to being finished so fast, lol.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

It always seems to take longer than I think, too... finished this, oh, now there's that. But it's almost complete!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I always miscalculate my stitching time!!!

Jennifer said...

I do the same thing, but I also like to monkey up the works by staring at the piece and the chart for several very long minutes between colors, trying to figure out what color I should stitch next and where in order to be more efficient. Which ends up wasting more stitching time than you'd think, at least in my case.

Stitchinowl said...

Love those SBl snow people! Nice progress on yours. I have the same problem when I think I am getting closer to the stitching finish line on a WIP......frustrating, but we all go through it.
Carolyn

Andrea said...

Love the snowman. Even an ich square piece seems to take for...ever.

Jan Gartlan said...

Very cute snowman