Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Media, Cynically Yours

Cosmopolitan has discovered cross-stitch! Okay, they discovered it a long time ago, but this link fell to the bottom of my email box. Back in February, they had a contest where you could win a Katie Kutthroat cross-stitch. You can, however, shop her etsy shop, if you want to have the same cross-stitch in your bathroom as Hannah and Elijah do in Girls. I don't even know what I just wrote. (Her style is similar to Subversive Cross Stitch.)

And, speaking of the Subversive one, her needlework made it into a marriage proposal. Don't read if you think that over-the-top marriage proposals mean that you are young and have no idea what you are getting into. But if you think scavenger hunt marriage proposals are adorable, you will love this.

2 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want Katie's designs in my home but my office staff might get a kick out of a couple of them!
What a great proposal - I only know a couple of guys that would go to all that trouble. F.U.N.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Omg! Are they for real?! I was doing ok until I got to the first photo, surely they are not ordinary people, they look like models pretending to be civilians!
I loved the last paragraph too as I was getting rather confused with which one was Carol/Carroll and which one was Haley/Hayley, I think my genders got a little switched somewhere.

Please watch Harroll closely and let us know when they do get married, it's sure to be an amazing ceremony!

My hubby and I do have a brick and a bar stool from the venue where we got together, not quite the same thing...