Thursday, December 06, 2012

Santa, Day 6

Just a quick hit and run. I'm off to see John Pizzrelli at Longwood Gardens tonight with Sissy. She's a huge fan so this is her Christmas present from me and the dude. (His Christmas present is that he doesn't have to come with us.)

I'm pretty sure I bought this Santa at JoAnn's after Christmas one year. So it's not particularly special. But I love how his cape and beard are swept by the wind. I love the idea of a cape swept by the wind. The reality is of course, even the tallest, lithest person looks like a giant dufus in a cape. Like you want to be an extra in Lord of the Rings.

Turning to the DIY: At my sister's wedding (it was my BIL's wedding too) they had a photo booth. Some of the best pics come from that. At Christmas, my aunt is the photo taker. Early in the evening (we celebrate on Christmas eve) she makes sure she gets one or two pictures of each person. That way if things get crazy in the evening, we won't have missed the opportunity. But imagine if we could set up a photo booth so she wouldn't have such a responsibility! MAKE has printable props for a Christmas photo booth. Brilliant! Print them now, and you won't be in a rush come December 24th.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I'm enjoying your days of Santa very much. This one is my fav so far.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Me too! He's very Swish!