Friday, December 14, 2012

Santa, Day 14

Speaking of my blog-reading aunt, she read that I didn't have an ornament from New Hampshire. She went on a mission to find me one because she is just awesome like that! It was harder than she expected until she remembered the League of NH Craftsmen shop. The League has an awesome fair up at Sunapee in the summer with hundreds of exhibitors, and every one juried into the league. Perusing their website, I just found out there is an annual ornament. Now I have a mission!

Anyway, this is the one she found for me. It is made by a woman who lives in rural New Hampshire, but who is a theatrical costume designer from St. Petersburg, Russia. It's awesome!

DIY: I spent the last hour trying to find a DIY Russian Santa. Well, Ded Moroz (Grandfather Frost)--they don't really have Santa. But I gave up at last. Here's something for you to paint.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very pretty.

Coral said...

The blue beard is great!

Linda said...

I'm lovin all your santa's.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great link, as if I have enough time to do even one of those and have it last precisely 30 seconds LOL.

stitcherw said...

That's an awesome Santa, what a great one to find and be able to have added to your collection. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Sue

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a cool Santa I love him!