We were without power in the morning but the dude was motivated! He was out the door first thing. "If I don't find a cup of coffee, I'm looting." "I'm pretty sure you can't loot for a premade cup of coffee." Fortunately the strip mall up the street had power. It's funny how you miss the little things when you don't have them. We both kept flipping on the bathroom light when we walked in. When we went out for lunch, we were so surprised to find the restaurant had heat. We decided we could move back into the bedroom since there was no danger the 50' evergreen would fall on the house. So we made the bed with fleece sheets and four blankets. If we hadn't, of course, we'd have been yelling at each other while we made the bed holding flashlights. Instead, our power was back and we were perhaps a little too warm. First world problems, right?
I do hope things will return to normal soon for our friends in NYC and on the Jersey shore. The photos are just devastating.
On this Halloween, let me recount my plans for October:
- See a movie--there are a lot we want to see, but we haven't had a chance.
- Read two books--well, I'm reading two books now The Eyre Affair and Partners in Crime, a truly horrible Agatha Christie but it's got a lot of little vignettes which makes it easy to read in short bursts.
- Make 75 Christmas cards--no
- Decide on what gifts to make for 23 family members; make seven.--bought seven, okay?
And for November:
- See a movie
- Read two books
- Make 75 Christmas cards
- Make seven Christmas gifts; I will present you a specific list soon
- Blog every day. Yup, I'm at it again!