Friday, January 15, 2010

Apples to Apples, Dust to Dust

Thank you for the warm welcome back wishes, the praise for my accomplishments, and the support to reach my new goals. You're all too good to me.

When we went to England, I brought three old WIPs to work on. This is Curtis Boehringer's Apple Sampler from an old magazine. (Sorry about the fuzzy photo.) I haven't had this one out since February 2008!

I didn't work on this one very much on the trip, but did reach the point where I only have half the border to complete. This is what it looked like last time.

10 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Hey! You're almost done! I've never seen this one before, it's lovely!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I was just thinking about apples!

Glenna said...

What a lovely sampler! I've never seen it, but if I had, I'd have snatched it up. Makes me want to buy up all the old magazines I see in hopes of finding a few gems like that one.

Deb said...

That is really a beautiful piece Anna. I've seen a lot of Curtis Boehringer's things before, but never this one. Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful stitching! I can't wait to see the progress you made on the other pieces!

Anne

doris said...

I'm late welcoming you back, but it's very good to be catching up with you. I really enjoyed reading about your trip, complete with "masses and masses of snow" and the in-laws.

Your 2009 accomplishments are very impressive ... congratulations!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a lovely sampler - says Thanksgiving to me. Welcome back!

Susan said...

Happy New Year, Anna! I'm late welcoming you back. The sampler is lovely--had never seen this one before.

Diana said...

Your Apple Sampler is looking very nice! I actually stitched this sampler some years ago and have it hanging in my dining room. Hope you are able to finish it soon.

Jenna said...

Half of the border to go is a pretty good place to be. Quite manageable. Good work!